Virginie Aïdan is a lawyer who focuses on French and international tax law.
Virginie specializes in advising French and international companies and their managers in relation to the tax implications of their international transactions. Her practice covers all the tax aspects of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures, complex reorganizations and optimization of employee’s remuneration (BSPCE, free shares, stock options….).
Virginie also advises private clients with respect to their personal tax situations.
She has also extensive experience in handling tax controversy and dispute resolution.
Virginie gives lectures in French and international tax law at the Ecole de Formation Professionnelle des Barreaux de la Cour d’Appel de Paris and at the University Paris Dauphine (Master 221 Corporate Taxation and DU Universitaire).
Prior to joining Cazals Manzo Pichot Saint Quentin, Virginie worked within the law firms Hogan Lovells and KGA Avocats. She worked on the following transactions in particular:
- Mergers / acquisitions / joint-venture:
- Advising Euler Hermes (Allianz Group) on its international joint venture with Mapfre, for which Hogan Lovells wins European Joint Venture Tax Deal of the Year;
- Advising ADP in its investment in TAV Airport (2.4Md$);
- Advising group of investors on acquisition of business with operations in more than 10 countries from multinational chemicals company and subsequent sale to multinational groups;
- Advising an American company on the acquisition of a French biotech specialized in the development of cellular immunotherapies;
- Advising Powerhouse France on acquisition of Financière SELEC from investment vehicles managed by LBO France and Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management’s real estate investment business;
- Advising the world leader of high technology battery maker in the sale of its activity of small nickel batteries to a French investment company.
- Tax audits and Litigation:
- Advising in litigation following a home visit (L16B of the French tax procedure handbook);
- Advising in tax audits related to the 3% annual tax on the fair market value of real estate assets, on French permanent establishment issues of foreign companies and on other general tax questions related to French tax law.
- Reorganization of an industrial group specialized in wire and cable products;
- Reorganization of a group in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Personal tax situations:
- Advising individual foreign investors in their French real estate investment;
- Advising company managers in the transfer of their tax residency outside France;
- Advising French and international artists in the framework of their activity and patrimonial investments.
University Paris Dauphine (Master 221 Corporate Taxation (2006) – Master Degree in Tax and Finance (2005)
University Paris II – Panthéon Assas (Bachelor Degree in law (2005))
Member of the ACE (Avocats Conseil d’Entreprise)
The law firm is ranked by Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and the French magazine Le Point as being in France a Leading Firm for its tax practice.