Maxence Manzo is a lawyer who focuses on tax law. His practice covers all aspects of taxation relating to companies for their transactions and restructurings, whether French or international (pre-acquisition tax audits and tax structuring). He also advises senior managers for the implementation of management packages (BSPCE, free shares, preferred shares…) and French and international investors as regards general taxation. Finally, he also practices tax litigation (reassessment procedures, tax search warrants, administrative and judicial litigation…).
Prior to creating the Cazals Manzo Pichot Saint Quentin law firm, Maxence worked within the law firms Clifford Chance and Jones Day. He worked on the following transactions in particular:
- Taxation of Transactions:
- Participation of FSI in the share capital of Farinia
- Acquisition by Wabtec of Mors Smitt, which focuses on the manufacturing of railway components
- Purchase of Tenesol, which focuses on the photovoltaic industry, by SunPower Corporation for an amount of 165 million dollars
- LBO – Acquisition on behalf of the Proclif group of Clinique de la Muette, Clinique des Franciscaines, CMC Val Notre Dame, Clinique Lambert and Clinique La Montagne
- Elaboration of a PPP agreement relating to the design, construction, maintenance and financing of the entirety of the electric equipment of the future Tramway lines of the Grand Dijon
- Reorganization (merger, partial contribution of assets…) of a leader of the pharmaceutical industry
- Real Estate Taxation:
- Acquisition by ABP, in association with Altarea and Prédica, of the real estate company Aldeta that owns the shopping center Cap 3000 valued at 450 million euros
- Contribution by Morgan Stanley International Real Estate of real estate assets remunerated by a shareholding of 20% in Foncière Europe Logistique
- Creating a real estate investment vehicle referred to as OPCI for a foreign investor
University Paris II-Assas (Master in business and tax law, 2002 – DESS in International Taxation in partnership with HEC, 2003) – University of Pennsylvania (LL.M, 2005)
Member of the Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux (IACF)
The law firm is ranked by Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and the French magazine Le Point as being in France a Leading Firm for its tax practice.