Romain Pichot is a lawyer who focuses on tax law. He advises French and international companies, investors and entrepreneurs, in relation to all tax issues, strategic operations (acquisitions, disposals, partnerships, internal reorganizations and structural projects…) and daily tax management.
Romain has developed an appreciated sectoral expertise in financial services industry (insurance, banking, asset management), real estate transactions (investment, trading and development), energy (photovoltaic, thermic, tax incentives) and innovation.
Romain Pichot also frequently assists clients during tax audits and controversies.
Prior to joining Cazals Manzo Pichot Saint Quentin, Romain was a partner at Courtois Lebel, co-heading the tax department. Romain also used to work at Allen & Overy and for more than ten years as in-house tax advisor in French financial institutions.
In the last two years, Romain advised on the following transactions:
- Taxation of Transactions:
- Acquisition of Laboratoires Doliage by Nicox, specialized in ophthalmology
- Mezzanine loan granted by a European leading private equity fund to a growing player of the agricultural equipment industry
- Takeover of Hobie Cat Europe, design and production of sailing equipment, by its American competitor
- Takeover of BeCitizen, positive economy strategic consultant, by Greenflex
- Acquisition of several regional operators by the English leader in the distribution of building materials sector
- Acquisition of Madvertise Media in Germany and in Italia by Mobile Network Group
- Merger of several competitors by VIP Conseil, a major life insurance broker
- Acquisition of a majority stake by Natixis Global Asset
- Management in Darius Capital Partner
- Real estate transactions:
- Acquisition by Amundi REIM of several assets in Paris and in its inner suburbs
- Construction of a tourist residence near Paris by an foreign investor
- Acquisition of a majority stake in a Parisian hotel by an Anglo-Swedish family office
- Assisting Axa REIM on VAT issues within the framework of the partial transfer of a premium assets portfolio to a Northern European sovereign fund
- Reorganization of a Franco-Italian cosmetics group
- Reorganization of the north-eastern division of the French leader in the waste recovery and recycling industry
- Reorganization of the West African assets of a mining group
- Reorganization of the French market leader in the distribution of financial products after the acquisition of a competitor
- Merger of two French cooperative banks
- Tax controversies:
- Representing an insurance company before the judicial courts within the framework of a litigation relating to a tax on insurance contracts
- Assisting an US Trustee suspected of complicity, fraud and money laundering
- Assistance of an airtime minutes trading company suspected of fraudulent VAT recovery
- Representing a French banking arguing against application of VAT on single portfolio management commissions
- Representing an English bank on foreign tax credits related to short term capital market transactions
Post-graduate degree in Business Administration
at Paris Institut d’Administration des Entreprises (1999)
Post-graduate degree in Business Law at University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne (1997)
Member of the Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux (IACF) and of the Institut d’Administration des Entreprises alumni association (real estate club)
The law firm is ranked by Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and the French magazine Le Point as being in France a Leading Firm for its tax practice.