Xavier Colard is a tax laywer who focuses on both domestic and international matters.
His practice covers mainly wealth tax and estate planning. As a general matter, he assists top managers, entrepreneurs, family groups and high net worth individuals in the entire range of the legal and tax aspects of the structuring, management, and transfer of their personal and professional assets.
He also advises on a regular basis managers in connection with private equity projects at the time of the structuring of their investment alongside other investors such as investment funds as well as the time of their exit. In this respect, his practice covers all the tax aspects of management package.
Xavier has also developed appreciated expertise in structuring eligible reinvestment operations in connection with the investors’ tax-deferred capital gain regime and in structuring charitable foundations, endowment funds and charitable trusts.
He also frequently assists resident and nonresident individuals in their international mobility tax and social matters (impatriate regime, exit tax, estate planning, overseas assets, trusts).
Prior to joining Cazals Manzo Pichot Saint Quentin, Xavier worked within the law firms Taj (Deloitte), DJP (BDO) and Scotto Partners as head of the private client practice.
He notably advised on the following transactions:
- Advising Globe Payroll and the founders during the sale of a majority stake to SD Works
- Advising the management team of Gerflor during the acquisition by Cobepa (structuring the managment package and the exit)
- Structuring of eligible reinvestment operations in connection with the investors’ tax-deferred capital gain regime
- Advising the CEO of Wifirst during the acquisition by Amundi Private Equity Fund (structuring the managment package and the exit)
- Advising Idinvest for the structuring of the Fund Idinvest Entrepreneurs Club
- Structuring of a endowment funds for a manager during a LBO deal
- Advising investors in the acquisition of a majority stake in Parisan hotels with Dutreil scheme
- Advising the management team of Scalian during the acquisition by Cobepa (structuring the managment package and the exit)
- Advising the management team of Efront during the acquisition by BlackRock (structuring the exit)
- Advising individual foreign investors in their French real estate investment
- Advising company managers and families in the transfer of their tax residency outside France
- Advising company managers and families in the transfer of their tax residency in France with the application of the impatriate regime
Post-graduate degree in Tax and Business Law and Administration at Paris INSEEC (2009)
Post-graduate degree in Tax and Business Law at University of Bordeaux IV (2008).
Member of the Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux (IACF)
The law firm is ranked by Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and the French magazine Le Point as being in France a Leading Firm for its tax practice