Bertrand de Saint Quentin is a lawyer who focuses on taxation at both domestic and international levels. He advises investments funds, listed companies, family groups, SMEs in their day-to-day and strategic operations (including in the real estate area). He has developed a strong transactional expertise (M&A, private equity, restructuring). He regularly structures complex transactions, for which he uses sophisticated simulation tools allowing him to translate financial and tax advice into figures easily exploitable by all participants (financial investors, banks, managers, accountants…).
Bertrand also helps individuals with respect to their personal tax issues, especially in the following areas: management of assets and flows, management packages, inheritance, transfer of tax residency and regularisation of undeclared assets.
Bertrand regularly assists and represents his clients during tax audits and investigations, as well as in pre-litigation and litigation matters in front of the French tax authorities and state courts.
Prior to joining Cazals Manzo Pichot Saint Quentin, Bertrand was at Mayer Brown, Darrois Villey Maillot Brochier and Villey Girard Grolleaud. He notably worked on the following transactions:
- M&A, private equity:
- OBO transaction carried out by the founders of the HL Trad group with Capital Croissance
- Equity investment of Calida Group in Lafuma
- Setting up of a management package for Club Med’s managers during the company’s delisting
- Takeover bid of Patrimoine & Commerce on Foncière Sepric
- Acquisition by L Capital of the Captain Tortue group
- Acquisition by LBO France of the Eminence group
- Acquisition by 21 Centrale Partners of the Daltys group
- Acquisition by Activa Capital of the Abrisud group
- Acquisition by Chequers Capital of the Thermocoax group
- Acquisition by Montefiore Investment of the ISO group
- Advising several management teams of private equity funds during the review and structuring of their carried-interest
- Advising several private equity funds for the review of their flows and tax division (VAT, wage tax) of their activities
- Restructuring of a worldwide family group leader in the cosmetics area
- Reorganization of the real estate business of a multidisciplinary group to build a luxurious hotel
- Restructuring and refinancing of a leader group in the media and communication business
- Restructuring of a family group specialized in high-end leisure
- Transfer pricing review and reorganization of central functions of a key player in demolition and forage business
University Paris II-Assas (Master degree in Business and Tax law, 2002 – Post-graduate diploma in International Taxation, in partnership with HEC, 2004) – University Paris IX-Dauphine (Master degree in Management Sciences, 2001); Exeter University (LL.M in International Business Law, 2003)
Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA) and of the Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux (IACF)
The law firm is ranked by Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and the French magazine Le Point as being in France a Leading Firm for its tax practice.