Bertrand de Saint Quentin, partner, has developed a particular expertise in tax aspects of transactions, especially in a cross-border context. He regularly assists investment funds, companies and managers in private equity, M&A and restructuring operations. He also advises international groups, listed companies and family groups on the tax aspects of their exceptional and day-to-day operations, notably involving real estate matters.
Bertrand also advises private clients, mainly corporate executives and managers, on their personal tax situations.
Committed to the dual practice of advice and litigation, Bertrand assists his clients during tax as well as in the pre-litigation and litigation phases.
Academic and professional background
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2007, Bertrand is a graduate of the University of Paris II-Assas (Master degree in Business and Tax law, 2002 – Post Graduate diploma in International Taxation in partnership with HAC, 2004) – University Paris IX-Dauphine (Master degree in Management Sciences, 2001); University of Exeter (LLM in International Business Law, 2003).
He is a member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA) and the Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux (IACF).
Before becoming a partner at Cazals Manzo Pichot Saint Quentin, Bertrand practised at top tier international and French firms including Mayer Brown and Darrois Villey Maillot Brochier.
Bertrand de Saint Quentin is recognised as an ‘expert in corporate tax’, ‘very available and responsive’. His analyses are ‘very solid and reliable analysis’ and he ‘finds extremely relevant solutions’ (The Legal 500, 2020-2021).
Bertrand de Saint Quentin is a ‘reliable‘, ‘exceptional lawyer who enjoys applying his great expertise and intellectual curiosity to explore new areas, such as crypto-currency‘ (The Legal 500, 2019-2020).
Bertrand de Saint Quentin brings ‘great technical expertise, a pragmatic approach, a good understanding of the constraints raised by M&A transactions, and nurtures relationships with his clients’ (The Legal 500, 2018-2019).
Recent transactional activity
- Advising WITAM MFO, AXYALIS PATRIMOINE, COFIGE PATRIMOINE, 3A PATRIMOINE, Groupe VENICE and WISEAM in the context of their acquisition by Groupe Crystal
- Advising La Poste in its acquisition of OpenValue
- Advising Joséphine Duffau-Lagarrosse in the acquisition of Château Beauséjour Héritiers Duffau-Lagarrosse alongside the Courtin-Clarins family
- Advising Cegid in its acquisition of the ACA group
- Advising Europ Assistance in connection with its acquisition of a stake in PROSENIORS
- Advising the founder and CEO of AMI Alexandre Mattiussi in connection with their investment alongside Sequoia Capital China
- Advising Fiducial in connection with its strategic partnership with Prosegur
- Advising the management of Sword France in connection with the acquisition by Argos Wityu of the French part of the Sword group
- Advising the neo-bank Qonto in the context of its record fundraising
- Advising the management of the Aerow group in connection with its takeover by the Abénex Croissance fund
- Advising private equity funds Andera Partners in connection with its investment in the Sfeir Group
- Advising Bpifrance and Irdi Soridec in connection with their investment in the Bastide Le Confort Médical Group